Welcome to Virtual Railfan, please read this important info.
This is a live stream of La Plata, Missouri, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains. You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
This cam is on the BNSF Marceline Sub @ Milepost 312.7.
Radio Feed: https://bit.ly/2NbpuII
Informational Map: http://www.curtlundgren.com/la_plata.jpg (Courtesy of Curt Lundgren, thanks Curt!)
West Cam link: https://youtu.be/Z67yqE6GGtU
Help us raise funds for our display: https://tinyurl.com/y8xc6gve
LaPlata Railroad Days Train Watching Event, Oct 19-21 , 2018:
Recording, duplication, or distribution of our videos is strictly prohibited without permission.
• Be polite and respectful
• Use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don't use the terms "foamer" or "foaming" in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
La Plata, MO is located on the BNSF Southern Transcon LA-Chicago main line in Northern Missouri. Amtrak’s famous South West Chief passenger train stops here twice a day, as well as 50-70 daily BNSF freight trains. There are 2 cameras available.
The default camera is facing east, and the other camera faces west. Desktop users can use the suitcase icon at the bottom of the video to toggle between cams. For other devices, you can access the west cam here: https://youtu.be/Z67yqE6GGtU.
You will see lots of Amish and Mennonite folks at the station. Please be respectful of these communities in chat.
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: https://bit.ly/2M4bFLF
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 33 cams from 3 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.